Hello Internet, Gamers, and other people of interest.
My name is Jarrett “AetherHunter” Sigler. I’m an aspiring Role-playing and Board-Game Designer with a heavy interest in board-games, dice games, card games, and Video games. Generally just games in general.
I’ve been trying to find a way to apply my amassed gaming experience and studies to my life, and it’s helped me out. I’ve spent the better part of my life making game designs privately, and sharing them with friends and family. However, it wasn’t until RPG superstar I started finding an outlet for my designs professionally.
In two years, I managed to reach the top 32. In as much time I’ve been pushing myself to share more of my designs with others. Following in the footsteps in some people I look up to, I have created this word press to present my personal thoughts on Game-Design, and my various ideas for the many RPGs and Board games I play.
Creating for me is very stream of conscious, and requires sounding boards, and someone generally to talk to. The process of sharing the idea helps me refine it.
And this is where this blog comes in. I’ll be sharing my ideas here. You are FREE to use them for your home games. Feel free to adapt them to your own games.
Currently, my personal projects include:
- Practicing writing my dungeon rooms
- Practicing sharing mechanics
- A Game meant to emulate the random loot of Diablo and Borderlands
- A Setting (and possibly a game system) I’ve been developing since my childhood
- Making a Single Pathfinder “Boss” more interesting to fight then “Claw/Claw/Bite” tactics
- Trying to tackle “Random” effects and making them more interesting.